October 24th, 2006 No Comments » | POSTED BY ROB
Motley Fool: Remember The Big Bang?
Are you old enough to remember the Big Bang? Not the birth of the universe, but the birth twenty years ago of the deregulated London stock market that we take for granted today.
Demarcation and restrictive practices were not just the preserve of blue-collar trades, but also of the white-collared and bowler-hatted denizens of the stock exchange. After prolonged pressure from Margaret Thatcher’s government, and a court case brought by the Office of Fair Trading, the London Stock Exchange (LSE: LSE) agreed to a package of changes that were to change the face of the British financial markets….
- Bank Charge Court Case Result: Thursday 24th April (April 22, 2008)
- Bank Charges Decision Due Next Week (November 17, 2009)
- Bank Charges Decision: Shock Result (November 25, 2009)
- Bank Charge Case To Continue? (December 17, 2009)
- Bank Charge Appeal Thrown Out, Banks To Appeal AGAIN! (February 26, 2009)