September 11th, 2009 No Comments » | POSTED BY ROB
Even Dying Is Costing Us More
Over the past couple of years we’ve got used to prices rising: petrol, food, electricty, gas etc. etc., but thankfully, inflation has reduced recently, and so some prices have been coming down.
But one price that continues to rise is the price of dying. Yes, even death has a cost, and we can’t even escape inflating prices when we pop our clogs.
Funeral costs have risen by 42% over the past 5 years, and the total cost of dying is now more than £7,000. Makes you wonder whether it’s all really worth it.
The cost of funerals is also likely to carry on rising, and are expected to rise by another 31% over the next 5 years.
If the cost of dying worries you, you could consider getting life insurance (if you don’t already have it), and there are also “funeral plans” which will buy you your choice of funeral when the day comes.
- Motley Fool: Savings Accounts To Beat The Base Rate (November 2, 2006)
- Motley Fool: The High Price Of Parenthood! (November 14, 2006)
- Cheapest iPhone 4: Graphs & Data (June 20, 2010)
- Car Insurance Price Index Calculator (March 1, 2011)
- MoneyExpert: Barclaycard Lowers APR (November 2, 2006)