November 23rd, 2011 2 Comments » | POSTED BY ROB
Tax: Are You Giving More Than You Get?
“Your Money & How They Spend It” is a BBC TV programme presented by political correspondent Nick Robinson, which looks at how government collects and spends our taxes.
If you didn’t see tonight’s episode, you can watch it for the next couple of weeks on iPlayer, with the second episode available next week.
To accompany the programme the BBC has also put together a tax calculator to find out what households similar to yours pay in tax and what they get back in the form of benefits and services.
By entering the members of your household (including any kids), plus any income they earn, you’ll be shown whether you’re a net tax giver or taker, and how your household compares to others. Here’s an example:
- How Much Do You Need To Earn To Feel Rich? (January 28, 2008)
- Fuel Price Calculator: How Do You Compare? (January 30, 2013)
- What’s Your “OSI”? (April 30, 2006)
- Emergency Budget Calculator (June 22, 2010)
- What’s Your Salary Really Worth? (April 17, 2009)