December 26th, 2011 3 Comments » | POSTED BY ROB
Halifax iPhone App
Halifax have finally released an iPhone app, which has rocketed to the top of the finance app charts on iTunes just a few days after its launch.
With the app, which is now available for free from iTunes, you can:
- Find Halifax branches and cash machines, or LINK ATMs in the UK
- Sign in with your usual Online Banking details
- View account balances and recent transactions
- Set up and make payments.
In a move similar to other banking apps, you don’t have to be a Halifax customer to use the app, but of course the functionality you get will be severely reduced, allowing you just to locate cash machines, so it’s unlikely that it will be downloaded by non-Halifax customers.
If you’re already a Halifax personal Online Banking customer, you don’t need to register to use the app’s Mobile Banking services. You can simply sign in with your normal Online Banking details wherever you have a signal or a wifi connection. If you haven’t registered for Online Banking, it’s possible to do so through the app.
Choose what you want to do:
Cash machine search results on a map:
Cash machine details:
Despite its quick march to the top of the charts, the app hasn’t garnered a completely positive reaction in the short time since its launch. Several reviewers on iTunes suggest that it is preferable to continue using the website on your iPhone rather than the app.
We’ll give the app a bit of a test over the next couple of weeks and report back our findings in due course. In the meantime, if you have any comments on the Halifax iPhone app, feel free to share them with us below.
- Santander iPhone App (January 16, 2012)
- Natwest iPad App (July 10, 2011)
- MoneyExpert: Cornwall And Scillies Hardest Hit By Cash Charges (August 18, 2006)
- MoneyExpert: Cash Machine Fraud Soars Says Sainsbury’s (August 30, 2006)
- Barclays Mobile Banking App (July 31, 2012)