May 30th, 2012 No Comments » | POSTED BY ROB
Can You Live With Mobile Money Alone?
The BBC’s technology correspondent Rory Cellan-Jones recently tried to spend a few days getting by only with mobile money; spending just with his smartphone.
You can see how Rory got on in the video below:
For those who can’t be bothered to watch the video, the answer is he struggled. Few retailers offered to take mobile payments, and the systems were confusing and misunderstood. Although if he’d have gone to a Greggs or McDonalds rather than fancy coffee shops then he might have found it easier.
- M&S To Trial Mobile Payment App (April 2, 2013)
- Japan: Mobile Wallets In Action (February 28, 2012)
- Starbucks Launching Contactless Card Trial (May 24, 2011)
- Barclaycard “PayWag” April Fool Video (April 1, 2013)
- Starbucks iPhone App Easily Scammed (February 10, 2011)