July 31st, 2012 2 Comments » | POSTED BY ROB
Barclays Mobile Banking App
Barclays has released a new mobile banking app for iPhone, Android and Blackberry phones.
The Barclays mobile banking app allows you to manage both your Barclays accounts and Barclaycards from within a single app. The app also allows you to:
- Check your latest account balances
- View your most recent transactions
- Transfer funds between accounts
- Make payments to existing payees
- Find your nearest Barclays branch or cash machine
Up until now, Barclays has relied on a mobile friendly version of its website to serve customers on their smartphones, but they have finally decided to develop separate apps for the three largest smartphone platforms.
The launch of the app does mean that you could potentially have both this app and Barclays Pingit mobile payment app on your phone – are Barclays intending to merge their functionality into a single app at some point?
Personal Banking customers
- Barclays Mobile banking is available to sole and joint account holders
- Register your Barclays current account and you can view all your other Barclays accounts (including Barclaycard)
Business Banking customers
- Barclays Mobile banking is only available to Barclays business current account holders who can make payments from their accounts without additional signatories and who have a debit card with their account.
- You are able to register either your personal or your business current accounts with Barclays Mobile Banking. If you require both, then you will need to register more than once with a different smartphone device and different telephone number. Barclaycard business or corporate credit cards cannot be registered.
To register for Barclays Mobile Banking, you need to be aged 16 or over. You will need to register and match your UK mobile number with your Barclays current account. Your other Barclays accounts will be added automatically so you can also view them in the app.
Your initial log-in to the Barclays Mobile Banking app will require you to confirm your identity using PINsentry or at a Barclays ATM. This measure guarantees your privacy and security. Once you’re set up, subsequent log-ins will only require you to have your 5-digit passcode (which you create) to hand. This means a simpler log-in with the same advanced levels of security as Online Banking. What’s more, you don’t even need to be registered for Barclays Online Banking to register for the Barclays Mobile Banking app.
Barclays mobile banking app home screen:
View your account balances:
Make a payment:
Transfer money between accounts:
Find a local cash machine:
If you’ve tried the app out, let us know what you think of it in the comments below.
- Lloyds TSB Mobile Banking “Just Got Better” (September 30, 2011)
- Barclays Pingit: Mobile Payments Finally Mainstream? (February 17, 2012)
- Barclays: Changes To Internet & Mobile Banking Login (July 28, 2011)
- Halifax iPhone App (December 26, 2011)
- Barclays PingIt: Now For All UK Bank Accounts (April 12, 2012)