October 28th, 2007 13 Comments » | POSTED BY ROB
Top Money Saving Websites
The Guardian recently published a list of their ten best money saving sites, which in my opinion missed out some of the most obvious sites to visit, as well as featuring some that I had quite frankly never heard of.
In any case, this got me thinking about my own list of top sites to visit if you want to save money:
- MoneySupermarket.com – regardless of what you think about comparison sites, there’s no doubting the ease at which they let you compare a large percentage of the market for things such as insurance, savings and credit cards.
- MySupermarket.co.uk – I recently wrote about this site which allows you to compare the prices of groceries from 4 supermarkets Tesco, ASDA, Ocado and Sainsbury’s.
- MoneySavingExpert.com – Martin Lewis is the undisputed king of money saving and his website and forums are filled with ideas and tips for saving cash.
- eBay.co.uk – the auction site is both a great way to find bargains, and can also be a way of making money if you’ve got items to sell.
- Quidco – I’m yet to use this site, but I’m led to believe that this cashback site can save you a reasonable amount of cash on a range of items.
- Amazon – now more than just an online bookstore, Amazon can usually undercut any price you’ll see on the highstreet on an ever increasing range of products.
- LateRooms – if you’re looking to get away on the cheap, this site might be able to find you a discount.
There are obviously plenty of other sites out there which do similar to those featured above – what are your top money saving websites? Do you have any gems that you think we should hear about? Leave them in the comments below.
- Do You Use Cashback Sites? (September 29, 2009)
- Quidco Android App (September 10, 2011)
- Quidco iPhone App (June 2, 2011)
- Save Even More Online with Cashback Sites (May 26, 2008)
- Google TipJar – Rate Money Saving Tips (March 5, 2009)