Here’s what’s been going on in the world of personal finance and money today:
From Money Watch:
From around the web:
- Stealing Ideas: The Least Important Bill – Plonkee looks at how we can reduce our outgoings by prioritising our bills and then cutting out the least important. It’s a useful exercise, try it out.
- The 10 most bungled robberies ever – Amazing displays of criminal incompetence.
- Rulebook torn up for Lloyds TSB/HBOS merger – Economonkey thinks the government has just allowed the creation of one monster of a bank, controlling so much of the market that it could never be allowed to fail in its current state.
- The FIRE goes out – Why the economy may eventually come out of this being more well balanced than before. Emphasis on eventually.
- What does the HBOS takeover mean for you? – Moneyweek covers the big issue of the day too.
- Lloyds/HBOS merger: What it means to you – The Guardian looks at the effects of the Lloyds / HBOS merger.
- Lloyds TSB unveils HBOS takeover – Lloyds TSB has unveiled details of its Â£12.2bn takeover of HBOS, a deal it described as a "unique opportunity".