Here’s what’s been going on in the world of personal finance and money today:
From around the web:
- Why the market meltdown is just like Reservoir Dogs – Brilliant analysis of the financial crisis.
- Beginner’s Guide To: Car insurance – Tips for buying car insurance.
- Wealth Check: ‘How long will it take to be able to afford my own place?’ – Luke Murdoch is a 20-year-old technical process manager who has been working at Barclays bank for two years. Despite his dedicated approach towards saving, Luke faces the difficulties of many other first-time buyers eager to get on to the property ladder.
- When saving for your child’s future, consider all the investment options – Child trust funds may have succeeded in getting thousands of youngsters into the savings habit, but should parents be investing extra cash in them each year or considering other long-term investments?
- The Financial Crash In Plain English – The Fool looks at the crash in the financial system in layman’s terms.