In a desperate attempt to get people spending gesture of goodwill in the run up to Christmas, M&S are having a one-day sale, with 20% off many items (womenswear, menswear, wine & champagne, but of course not their profitable products, such as food).
Despite all of the publicity this is getting, there are other retailers doing similar things, take a look at Debenhams and House Of Fraser who also have big sales on. It’s likely to be a common trend this festive period.
Just remember though, just because something has a 20% discount, it doesn’t mean it’s a good deal, or that you need it!
photo credit: Paul Bland
- Most Common Online Scams To Be Cautious Of (May 10, 2018)
- Santander First High Street Bank To Offer FitBit Pay (April 26, 2018)
- Budgeting Apps “Lead To Overspending” (January 13, 2021)
- Young People “Most Likely To Be Victims Of Online Fraud” (November 11, 2018)
- Mobile #1 Channel For First Direct Customers (November 10, 2018)