I’m not too sure what the sale for the last week or so has been, but from tomorrow (Thursday 11th December) Woolies will be officially holding a closing down sale.Â
Having had a look in there for for the last couple of days (when you can get past the crowds of old women bemoaning its demise but also marvelling in the bargains they’ve picked up), there’s unlikely to be much left, but there’ll probably be the odd bargain here and there if you cn be bothered to find it and brave the queues.
It’s sad to see such an “institution” disappear, but it has been badly run for quite a while, so it’s not a massive surprise. It has faced growing competition from other high-street and internet retailers and has failed to find it’s position or USP.
- Santander First High Street Bank To Offer FitBit Pay (April 26, 2018)
- eBay To Launch Price Match Guarantee On 20,000+ Items (July 5, 2017)
- Pre-Paid Currency Card Adds Apple Pay Support (August 2, 2017)
- Banking Apps “Save Brits Average of Â£173 a Month” (April 13, 2021)
- Most Common Online Scams To Be Cautious Of (May 10, 2018)