September 10th, 2014 | No Comments »
Leaving aside Apple’s latest shiny hardware, in the shape of the iPhone 6, iPhone 6+ and the forthcoming Apple Watch, for those of us interested in personal finance, the most important announcement at yesterday’s event was the launch of Apple’s mobile payment system, Apple Pay.
Continue reading Video: Apple Pay In Action »
August 19th, 2014 | 2 Comments »
MoneyDashboard have recently added a few new features to their site to help improve the management of the accounts you aggregate through their service.
Continue reading MoneyDashboard Adds New Functionality »
July 7th, 2014 | No Comments »
Following my post on Osper a few days ago, a similar service offering pre-paid debit cards to children, goHenry, was bought to my attention.
Continue reading goHenry vs Osper »
June 30th, 2014 | No Comments »
Osper is a new prepaid debit card for 8 to 18 year old which allows them to access their money online, in most shops, at cash machines and even abroad.
Continue reading Osper: Debit Card For Kids, Managed By Parents »
June 20th, 2014 | No Comments »
The government is on the verge of agreeing to allow cheque deposits to be made by photo, letting you submit cheques by phone or email.
Continue reading Mobile Cheque Deposits Coming To The UK »
June 10th, 2014 | No Comments »
The next generation of the Apple’s iOS operating system (iOS8) will have a new feature allowing you to quickly enter credit card details in to websites simply by scanning your card.
Continue reading Coming Soon: Scan Credit Cards With Your iPhone »
March 19th, 2014 | No Comments »
Gideon’s latest budget has caused quite a stir in the media, and if you want to see how it affects you, check out the BBC’s budget calculator.
Continue reading 2014 Budget Calculator »
March 19th, 2014 | No Comments »
George Osborne is set to announce a new design for the £1 coin, in order to make it more difficult to forge.
Continue reading Picture: New £1 Coin Design »
October 10th, 2013 | 1 Comment »
Email inboxes overrun with daily deals notifications from a variety of sites are set to be cleaned up with the launch of ‘vouchercloud deals’; a new notification service available from the discount site which only notifies consumers when daily deals go live that are specific to their registered interests and chosen location, available through a variety of the largest daily deal and group discount sites in the UK.
Continue reading Vouchercloud Deals; Relevant, Aggregated Daily Deals »
October 2nd, 2013 | 1 Comment »
Barclays is launching a new secure document management tool to help its customers keep all of their important financial documents in one place.
Continue reading Barclays Cloud It Document Management System »
September 26th, 2013 | 7 Comments »
Consumer champion Which? has done a study into the security of online banking to see which bank’s website is the safest.
Continue reading Which Bank Has The Safest Online Banking? »
September 25th, 2013 | 3 Comments »
A new recruitment app, which is aiming to match up jobseekers with vacancies, much like Match.com matches up singles, has launched for the iPhone in Europe and the US.
Continue reading “Match.com For Jobseekers” Launches On iPhone »
Below are some of our bookmarks to interesting sites and articles that we've seen recently. You can keep track of these links on our Delicious account.
- How Safe Can Apple Pay Really Be? - A look at the security of Apple Pay
- Mobile phone scam hits hundreds of students - Hundreds - possibly thousands - of students across the UK are falling victim to an expensive mobile phone scam.
- Using GRUNT to automate development tasks - Tips for optimizing JS and CSS files from development to production.
- WP Smush.it - Wordpress plugin to send images through Yahoo!'s Smush.it optimization.
- Digital banks support digital business - The digitisation of banking is changing the customer relationship, and this is as true for the corporate customer as the retail consumer.
- Square Now Lets Users Request Money via Email - Mobile payments company Square announced that users of Square Cash, the company's personal payment app, can now use the service to charge individuals or groups through the app or via email.
- Google free to aggregate - The conclusion to the three-year anti-trust investigation by the European Commission will finally see Google able to pursue its aggregator ambitions. But will it?
- Agree It: Facebook app helps you borrow money from your friends - Agree It is a new Facebook app which helps you request loans from family and friends through the social network. But is that actually a good thing?
- Is This What Twitter Commerce Will Look Like? - Twitter is getting serious about commerce on its service. So much so that it looks as though soon you’ll be able to buy goods for sale directly from a tweet.
- Your Web Presence Will Soon Be More Valuable Than Your Credit Rating - A blank social media history is going to be a bad social media history.
- Bitcoin, mobile payments and the future of money - Econsultancy post on new technologies and disruption, with a focus on BitCoin.
- How to Run Multiple Domains from a Single WordPress Install – Kid Volt - Managing 2 sites from a single Wordpress install.
- Project wallet drop: World's least honest cities - Four continents, 16 cities, 192 "lost" wallets. That's the basic formula for a recent sticky fingers experiment by Reader's Digest.
- Mobile wallets face uphill struggle in UK - Less than one in ten UK consumers has used a mobile wallet, despite the widespread availability of the technology, a new study has found.
- Finextra: PayPal shines a Beacon on the future of hands-free payments - PayPal has unveiled Beacon, a Bluetooth plug-in for merchants that automatically checks in consumers for hands-free cashless payments at the point-of-sale.