April 20th, 2015 | 1 Comment »
Brits warned to check their insurance before becoming home-hosts.
Continue reading Invalidating your home insurance could be as easy as Airbnb »
April 1st, 2015 | No Comments »
Barclaycard is launching a new service, Barclaycard Anything, that turns everyday objects into contactless ways to pay.
Continue reading Barclaycard Anything: Turn Any Object Into A Contactless Way To Pay »
March 26th, 2015 | No Comments »
Price comparison website Gocompare.com has launched its new current account comparison service, which makes use of midata to enable people to carry out more meaningful current account comparisons.
Continue reading Gocompare.com Launches Enhanced Current Account Comparison Service »
March 10th, 2015 | 1 Comment »
If you’re a Barclays Pingit user, there’s a new way for you to donate to this year’s Comic Relief, as this can now be done through the app.
Continue reading Donate To Comic Relief With Barclays Pingit »
March 6th, 2015 | No Comments »
Given the increased buzz surrounding social media and the transformative effect it can have on brand engagement, Datamonitor highlight what financial institutions stand to gain by making their services more sociable in this huge infographic.
Continue reading Infographic: Financial Services & Social Media »
March 5th, 2015 | No Comments »
Halifax have redesigned their website to give it a fresh new look, and made it “responsive”, so that it works across all types of device.
Continue reading Halifax Website Redesigned »
March 4th, 2015 | No Comments »
Financial technology startup companies are in with the chance of winning funding of £35,000 thanks to a new competition.
Continue reading Financial Technology Competition Launched »
February 4th, 2015 | 2 Comments »
Mobile agency Somo has put together a huge infographic which looks at the mobile banking revolution.
Continue reading Huge Infographic: The Mobile Banking Revolution »
January 14th, 2015 | 1 Comment »
goHenry – the family banking tool that empowers young people between the ages of 8 and 18 to save, spend and learn about money – has announced a new feature which aims to help children and teens to easily budget and save.
Continue reading goHenry’s New Features Aim To Make Saving A Habit For Young People »
December 17th, 2014 | No Comments »
Parcel delivery comparison site Parcel2Go.com has put together a handy alphabetical list of last delivery dates.
Continue reading Last Christmas Delivery Dates 2014 »
November 28th, 2014 | No Comments »
Natwest have built an online tool to help us understand the tactics that criminals are using, and more importantly, learn how we can protect ourselves.
Continue reading Interactive Tool To Help You Fight Fraud »
November 27th, 2014 | No Comments »
Two thirds of Britons are set to shop online during the discount holiday, ‘Cyber Monday’, with the nation as a whole expected to part with over £1.5billion online on this day alone.
Continue reading Brits To Spend £1.5billion On “Cyber Monday” »
Below are some of our bookmarks to interesting sites and articles that we've seen recently. You can keep track of these links on our Delicious account.
- Square Cash - Send Money for Free or Accept Card Payments.
- How Safe Can Apple Pay Really Be? - A look at the security of Apple Pay
- Mobile phone scam hits hundreds of students - Hundreds - possibly thousands - of students across the UK are falling victim to an expensive mobile phone scam.
- Using GRUNT to automate development tasks - Tips for optimizing JS and CSS files from development to production.
- WP Smush.it - Wordpress plugin to send images through Yahoo!'s Smush.it optimization.
- Digital banks support digital business - The digitisation of banking is changing the customer relationship, and this is as true for the corporate customer as the retail consumer.
- Square Now Lets Users Request Money via Email - Mobile payments company Square announced that users of Square Cash, the company's personal payment app, can now use the service to charge individuals or groups through the app or via email.
- Google free to aggregate - The conclusion to the three-year anti-trust investigation by the European Commission will finally see Google able to pursue its aggregator ambitions. But will it?
- Agree It: Facebook app helps you borrow money from your friends - Agree It is a new Facebook app which helps you request loans from family and friends through the social network. But is that actually a good thing?
- Is This What Twitter Commerce Will Look Like? - Twitter is getting serious about commerce on its service. So much so that it looks as though soon you’ll be able to buy goods for sale directly from a tweet.
- Your Web Presence Will Soon Be More Valuable Than Your Credit Rating - A blank social media history is going to be a bad social media history.
- Bitcoin, mobile payments and the future of money - Econsultancy post on new technologies and disruption, with a focus on BitCoin.
- How to Run Multiple Domains from a Single WordPress Install – Kid Volt - Managing 2 sites from a single Wordpress install.
- Project wallet drop: World's least honest cities - Four continents, 16 cities, 192 "lost" wallets. That's the basic formula for a recent sticky fingers experiment by Reader's Digest.
- Mobile wallets face uphill struggle in UK - Less than one in ten UK consumers has used a mobile wallet, despite the widespread availability of the technology, a new study has found.