November 24th, 2014 | No Comments »
Black Friday shopping has begun to leak over from the US, and this year we’re starting to see a growth in Black Friday discounts here in the UK.
Continue reading Black Friday iTunes Discount »
November 20th, 2014 | No Comments »
iZettle, which claims to be “Europe’s number one mobile payments provider” has extended its European expansion to the Netherlands.
Continue reading iZettle Continues Expansion: Now Available In The Netherlands »
November 19th, 2014 | No Comments »
New research by a money saving website has revealed that over two in five Britons check their online banking and banking apps at least twice a day. Almost half of these revealed that they did so to ‘watch out for fraud,’ whilst three quarters (76%) felt they needed to ‘regularly track spending’.
Continue reading Paranoid Spenders: 43% of Britons Check Online Banking Twice a Day »
November 11th, 2014 | No Comments »
Public transport in London has been pretty advanced when it comes to the use of contactless payments, but a problem has been uncovered whereby Oyster Card users could find themselves double charged, all thanks to the simplicity of the payment.
Continue reading Oyster Card Users: Are You A Victim Of “Card Clash”? »
October 19th, 2014 | No Comments »
Mastercard has announced that it is bringing a thumbprint-reading card to the UK, which it hopes will improve card security and do away with PINs.
Continue reading Mastercard To Launch Thumbprint-Reading Bank Card »
October 14th, 2014 | No Comments »
How do UK banks compare when it comes to using social media?
Continue reading Top 10 UK Banks On Social Media »
October 13th, 2014 | No Comments »
The British Banking Association has launched a new campaign which it hopes will help to combat bank account fraud.
Continue reading 8 Things Your Bank Should Never Ask You To Do »
October 9th, 2014 | No Comments »
Discount voucher website vouchercloud has announced the launch of Europe’s first completely digital gifting app and website, which it hopes will disrupt the entire gifting market; in particular the £5bn gift card sector.
Continue reading Vouchercloud Aims To Disrupt Gift Card Market With “Giftcloud” App »
October 8th, 2014 | 2 Comments »
In what looks like a scene from a movie, the BBC has published a video showing a cash machine handing out piles of cash after being hacked.
Continue reading Hack An ATM For Piles Of Cash »
October 7th, 2014 | No Comments »
This week sees the release of a stylish new budgeting app for iPhone.
Continue reading Pennies: New Budgeting iPhone App »
October 1st, 2014 | 1 Comment »
In a survey of more than 2,000 UK consumers, they found that 19% of Brits have not changed their PIN number in more than 15 years, while the average marriage that ends in divorce lasts 11.5 years.
Continue reading Brits “More Likely To Change Spouse Than PIN” »
September 17th, 2014 | 1 Comment »
Having never had any need to use them, I’ve never really taken too much notice about international money transfer services. However a press release I received about TransferWise piqued my interest, largely down to the service’s origins and rapid growth.
Continue reading TransferWise Redesigns & Relaunches »
Below are some of our bookmarks to interesting sites and articles that we've seen recently. You can keep track of these links on our Delicious account.
- How Safe Can Apple Pay Really Be? - A look at the security of Apple Pay
- Mobile phone scam hits hundreds of students - Hundreds - possibly thousands - of students across the UK are falling victim to an expensive mobile phone scam.
- Using GRUNT to automate development tasks - Tips for optimizing JS and CSS files from development to production.
- WP Smush.it - Wordpress plugin to send images through Yahoo!'s Smush.it optimization.
- Digital banks support digital business - The digitisation of banking is changing the customer relationship, and this is as true for the corporate customer as the retail consumer.
- Square Now Lets Users Request Money via Email - Mobile payments company Square announced that users of Square Cash, the company's personal payment app, can now use the service to charge individuals or groups through the app or via email.
- Google free to aggregate - The conclusion to the three-year anti-trust investigation by the European Commission will finally see Google able to pursue its aggregator ambitions. But will it?
- Agree It: Facebook app helps you borrow money from your friends - Agree It is a new Facebook app which helps you request loans from family and friends through the social network. But is that actually a good thing?
- Is This What Twitter Commerce Will Look Like? - Twitter is getting serious about commerce on its service. So much so that it looks as though soon you’ll be able to buy goods for sale directly from a tweet.
- Your Web Presence Will Soon Be More Valuable Than Your Credit Rating - A blank social media history is going to be a bad social media history.
- Bitcoin, mobile payments and the future of money - Econsultancy post on new technologies and disruption, with a focus on BitCoin.
- How to Run Multiple Domains from a Single WordPress Install – Kid Volt - Managing 2 sites from a single Wordpress install.
- Project wallet drop: World's least honest cities - Four continents, 16 cities, 192 "lost" wallets. That's the basic formula for a recent sticky fingers experiment by Reader's Digest.
- Mobile wallets face uphill struggle in UK - Less than one in ten UK consumers has used a mobile wallet, despite the widespread availability of the technology, a new study has found.
- Finextra: PayPal shines a Beacon on the future of hands-free payments - PayPal has unveiled Beacon, a Bluetooth plug-in for merchants that automatically checks in consumers for hands-free cashless payments at the point-of-sale.