February 8th, 2012 No Comments » | POSTED BY ROB
Join The Which? Big Switch For Cheaper Energy Bills
Consumer campaigner Which? has launched a new initiative to get cheaper gas and electricity bills for households looking to save money on energy.
They’re hoping that should enough people sign up, the collective bargaining power that they offer should be able to demand a cheaper price from the energy companies. Which? will use a reverse auction to get their best prices.
Here’s how it works:
- Register for the Big Switch before 31st March 2012.
- Which? will negotiate with the energy companies for their best, lowest priced deals.
- You’ll get an email and/or text letting you know the outcome, from which you can decide whether to switch or not.
It’s a nice move by Which? to get a campaign going on such a topical subject, so it will be good to see what result it has. But we do wonder about the long-term future for deals like this; ultimately consumers want the energy companies to set lower prices across the board, and not have to rely on having to switch en masse in order to get the best deals.
- Cheap Energy Club: Be Alerted To The Best Gas & Electricity Deals (February 6, 2013)
- Money Saving March: Mobile Phone Tariffs (March 20, 2006)
- Sit Tight During British Gas Price Rises (July 28, 2006)
- EDF Raise Energy Prices: More Providers To Follow (January 15, 2008)
- Positive News: Commodity & Energy Prices Falling (October 8, 2008)