Despite being named as one of the launch partners, there was some surprise when HSBC and First Direct account holders were unable to use Apple Pay when it launched here in the UK earlier in the month.
However, from today, Apple Pay is available to customers of both of these banks (First Direct is a division of HSBC).
HSBC have published details of how to register your account, together with an Apple Pay FAQ, on their website.
Remember, you’ll need an iPhone 6, Apple Watch, iPad Air 2 or iPad mini 3 to use Apple Pay. You can use Apple Pay wherever contactless payments are accepted.
- Apple Pay Coming To The UK In July 2015 (June 8, 2015)
- iZettle Launches Card Reader to Support Apple Pay & Contactless Payments (May 19, 2015)
- Android Pay Launching In The UK (March 23, 2016)
- Apple Pay Now Supports Halifax & Lloyds (September 11, 2015)
- Video: Apple Pay In Action (September 10, 2014)