Despite being named as one of the launch partners, there was some surprise when HSBC and First Direct account holders were unable to use Apple Pay when it launched here in the UK earlier in the month.
However, from today, Apple Pay is available to customers of both of these banks (First Direct is a division of HSBC).
HSBC have published details of how to register your account, together with an Apple Pay FAQ, on their website.
Remember, you’ll need an iPhone 6, Apple Watch, iPad Air 2 or iPad mini 3 to use Apple Pay. You can use Apple Pay wherever contactless payments are accepted.
- Android Pay Launching In The UK (March 23, 2016)
- Apple Pay Now Supports Halifax & Lloyds (September 11, 2015)
- Pre-Paid Currency Card Adds Apple Pay Support (August 2, 2017)
- Contactless Payments “To Reach 148m Users” Globally This Year (March 1, 2016)
- “Fare Free Mondays” Are Back On TfL For Apple Pay Users (March 2, 2016)