Droplet, the payments and rewards app targeting independent retailers, has expanded in to a further seven cities in the UK, and is also offering users a £5 incentive for introducing their friends and family to the app.
Droplet was originally developed as a mobile payment app to pay money to others, but has evolved over the last few years to focus on allowing smaller retailers to receive payments and provide rewards to their customers. Using £575,000 of crowd-funded cash, they’ve now launched in Cambridge, Edinburgh, Exeter, Glasgow, Leeds, Manchester and Norwich, following on from a succesfull few years in its home town of Birmingham. They’ve taken on 23,000 users since launch.
The latest version of the app also allows you to spread the word about Droplet with your friends, and you and your friends will both earn £5 for doing so. With a couple of taps from within the app, you can send a voucher to your mates that will reward both of you when they download and pay with Droplet.
- Droplet Seeks Further Funding To Drive Growth (February 16, 2016)
- UK Contactless Spending Triples in 12 Months (August 26, 2015)
- Monzo Adds Siri Integration, Launches On Android (September 30, 2016)
- Paypal Mobile App Redesign (February 21, 2016)
- Sweatcoin App “Pays You” To Get Fit (February 8, 2017)