All of London’s famous black taxis are now able to offerÂ mobile payments to their passengers thanks to aÂ new websiteÂ from Hailo.
Hailo have developed HailoPay to enableÂ black cabs to use payment technology similar toÂ its big rival Uber, allowing users to pay securely online, rather than handing over cash or cards to the driver.
Taxi drivers are given a unique ID that users enter in to the site, confirm the payment details and receive receipts. The fares can also be split, to help several people pay for the cab, and you can also pay with a mixture of cash and mobile.Â To ensure you’re paying the right driver, once you enter the driver’s badge number, you will be shown the driver’s name and photo, so you can check you are paying the right person.
Because this is a website (Hailopay), there is no need for users to download an app, and there’s no extra charges for using Hailopay, reducing the friction for users to get started with the service.
- Santander First High Street Bank To Offer FitBit Pay (April 26, 2018)
- Pre-Paid Currency Card Adds Apple Pay Support (August 2, 2017)
- Budgeting Apps “Lead To Overspending” (January 13, 2021)
- Most Common Online Scams To Be Cautious Of (May 10, 2018)
- Mobile #1 Channel For First Direct Customers (November 10, 2018)