Are you old enough to remember the Big Bang? Not the birth of the universe, but the birth twenty years ago of the deregulated London stock market that we take for granted today.
Demarcation and restrictive practices were not just the preserve of blue-collar trades, but also of the white-collared and bowler-hatted denizens of the stock exchange. After prolonged pressure from Margaret Thatcher’s government, and a court case brought by the Office of Fair Trading, the London Stock Exchange (LSE: LSE) agreed to a package of changes that were to change the face of the British financial markets….
- Google Search Volumes “Can Predict Stock Market Movements” (April 28, 2013)
- Fuel Price Calculator: How Do You Compare? (January 30, 2013)
- Smart Lightbulbs: The Future, Or Just Madness? (October 31, 2012)
- Third Of Britons Carry PIN Reminder (May 14, 2013)
- Coronation Street’s Lesson In Online Banking Security (January 29, 2013)