- Alone time sought by ten million in ten years
Leicester discovering that in the next 20 years, the amount of people living alone will increase by 53 per cent.
- Yorkshire Building Society fixed-rate mortgage range launched
- Leeds Building Society one-year postal bond launched
The Leeds Building Society one-year postal bond has been introduced to the market, offering a rate of 5.5 per cent AER that is fixed until January 2008.
- The Norwich and Peterborough offset tracker mortgages launched
Norwich and Peterborough Building Society has added two new offset tracker mortgages to its product range which are available immediately.
- Tenants: two thirds cannot afford to buy
A total of two thirds of tenants are currently renting due to the fact that they cannot afford to purchase their own property, research by Birmingham Midshires has discovered.
- New Spanish mortgages offered by Norwich and Peterborough
Norwich and Peterborough Building Society is offering three new mortgage products to those enjoying a life of sun, sea and sangria in Spain.
- Shepherds come bearing gifts
25 per month put into a tax-exempt plan by Shepherds Friendly Society.
- Misselling’ warning hangs over pensions saving plan
The blueprint for pensions saving for millions of future employees was unveiled by the government this week.
- Hopes of change persist despite Strasbourg ruling
Calls for a change in the law on inheritance tax were renewed this week after two sisters lost their human rights challenge to the current rules.
- Advisers on long-term care face tougher tests
MPs are calling on the Financial Services Authority to tighten regulation of long-term care advice. Politicians are concerned that specialist qualifications on long-term care have only been taken by a minority of advisers, potentially leaving the elderly
- We are sailingâ€ˆ.â€ˆ.â€ˆ. to find a tax haven
City workers are likely to be rubbing their hands in glee as another hefty bonus season approaches. But recipients should prepare for an uphill battle with the taxman.
- Interest-only mortage risks heightened by rate pressure
The FSA shone a spotlight on the risks of interest-only mortgages again this week with the release of new research.