According to eBay, the average person has £300 worth of unwanted items lying around their homes which could be sold on the site.
So if you’re feeling a little strapped for cash and you’re at a loose end this Bank Holiday, why not get up the loft, tidy out those wardrobes or sort out the garage, and earn yourself a few extra quid by selling them on an auction site, or at a car boot sale?
Remember, there are other alternatives to eBay, such as eBid, Amazon Marketplace and Gumtree – each have their own unique features, and you’ll find that certain things will sell better on certain sites. They also charge different amounts for listing your items – remember to check the costs before you commit, as you wouldn’t want the auction costing you money in the end.
- eBay To Launch Price Match Guarantee On 20,000+ Items (July 5, 2017)
- 10 Simple Money Savers You Shouldn’t Ignore (June 18, 2016)
- MoneyDashboard Adds New Functionality (August 19, 2014)
- £5.7billion: Amount Britons Spent On Unused Tech in 2015 (February 24, 2016)
- Amazon Patents “Pay-By-Selfie” (March 16, 2016)