Some better news for Icesave customers following yesterday’s news that they were basically going bust – Alastair Darling has effectively guaranteed all deposits in the bank, even those over the FSCS maximum of £50,000.
Speaking on BBC Radio 4 this morning, Darling said he would ensure that no British Icesave customers would lose money, although he could not give similar guarantees should other banks have the same problem in the future.
There will be more reaction on this, and his other plans for a bank bailout, later on Money Watch.
- Ernest: Latest Chatbot To Bring Artificial Intelligence To Your Bank Account (January 25, 2017)
- “World’s First” Contactless Payment Jacket (September 2, 2015)
- One In Eight Brits Will Switch To Digital-Only Bank This Year (April 28, 2015)
- Cleo: Money Management Via Text & Facebook Messenger (January 25, 2017)
- Yorkshire Building Society Launch Financial Advice By Video (September 23, 2015)