Skip to content
- Premiership football on the cheap
A look at the cost of remaining season tickets in the Premiership.
- Counting the costs of student life
Many soon-to-be students are underestimating the cost of living at university.
- Turning wine into mortgage payments
Homeowners can use fine wine to repay their mortgage, following the launch of a new investment product.
- Millions of homeowners could face inheritance tax misery
ONE in five homes will be worth more than the threshold at which inheritance tax kicks in by 2020, according to research.
- Imports seen taming gas prices next year
Why gas prices may fall next year.
- Q&A: Cash machine charges
Charities have warned that cash machine charges hurt poorer consumers. BBC News looks at why more people are being charged to use cash machines.
- Bank for unclaimed cash proposed
A new body should be set up to handle hundreds of millions of pounds lying unclaimed in dormant bank accounts, an independent report is expected to say.
- Debt woe blamed on rising bills
Rising energy and council tax bills are forcing increasing numbers of people into debt, a charity has warned.
- Bank pledges to install free ATMs
Royal Bank of Scotland (RBS) has announced that it is to install 300 free-to-use cash machines in some of the UK’s poorest locations.
- House price woe for ‘key workers’
Public sector workers such as police, teachers, nurses and firemen cannot afford to buy property in two-thirds of UK towns, the Halifax bank has said.
- New pricing structure for UK post
Royal Mail is introducing a new pricing structure that will see the cost of sending mail based on the size, weight and thickness of items.
- UK house prices ‘pick up’ in July
House price growth picked up in July and the overall market remains "fairly buoyant", according to the Nationwide.
- Income Tax Calculator
Calculate how much income tax you will pay, based on your gross income.