Continuing my superlatives title theme from last week, I’m taking here a look at the very largest company by market capitalisation, BP (LSE: BP). BP has a cap of around Â£122bn, somewhat ahead of second placed HSBC (LSE: HSBA) on Â£109bn and substantially in front of third placed Glaxosmithkline (LSE: GSK) on a mere Â£83bn.
Does size matter? For value players, sometimes it does, but not when we’re talking this sort of size. I’ve said before that for a value play, other things being equal, I’d always prefer a larger cap to a smaller….
- Monzo Killing Off Its Prepaid Cards (January 23, 2018)
- eBay To Launch Price Match Guarantee On 20,000+ Items (July 5, 2017)
- Budgeting Apps “Lead To Overspending” (January 13, 2021)
- Young People “Most Likely To Be Victims Of Online Fraud” (November 11, 2018)
- HSBC Launches “Connected Money” App (May 9, 2018)