Here’s a very quick look at one of the more simple personal finance apps available for the iPhone, Tip & Split.
As the name suggests, the app is designed to help you work out how much of a tip you’re going to leave in a restaurant, and how much each person in your party owes, tip included.
All you have to do is type in the total of the bill, choose a tip percentage and select how many people it is shared between, and it will calculate it for you.
Ok, so a basic grounding in mathematics will allow you to do this in your head but it might just be of use after a drunken meal with 15 mates.
A similar feature is now available in the new PayPal app, which works out how much everyone owes and then allows you to request money from them via their email address, so it’s a far more useful app.
- Send & Receive Money In GMail For Android (March 16, 2017)
- Collect Money With Ease With Monzo.Me (December 8, 2016)
- Chip: Automatic Savings App Launched (October 13, 2016)
- DrnkPay: Payments System Aims To Stop Drunken Spending (May 15, 2017)
- One In Four Brits Have Fallen Victim To A Scam: Watch A Scammer In Action (November 30, 2016)