Amazon has entered the daily deals market in the UK with the limited launch of AmazonLocal service, initially covering the London area.
The daily deals market has grown rapidly and includes big players such as Groupon and LivingSocial, but has experienced some pretty serious growing pains. The Office of Fair Trading has recently written to all daily deal sites to warn them about their conduct, following investigations into the practices of certain daily deal sites.
Users can sign up at https://local.amazon.co.uk, and can expect to receive deals on restaurants and spas, rather than the physical products that Amazon is normally known for. As you can see in the screenshot above, Amazon are initially targeting users in the London area, but have said they are hoping to expand quickly across the rest of the country.
AmazonLocal launched in the US back in June 2011.
- Avoid This Amazon Scam (January 18, 2017)
- RetireEasy: Pension Dashboard & Retirement Planning Tool (October 12, 2016)
- Monzo Opens To Public (March 18, 2016)
- New Tool Helps Calculate The Cost Of Your Commute To London (February 25, 2016)
- More Online Shopping Safety Tips For Black Friday & Cyber Monday (November 23, 2016)