Amazon has entered the daily deals market in the UK with the limited launch of AmazonLocal service, initially covering the London area.
The daily deals market has grown rapidly and includes big players such as Groupon and LivingSocial, but has experienced some pretty serious growing pains. The Office of Fair Trading has recently written to all daily deal sites to warn them about their conduct, following investigations into the practices of certain daily deal sites.
Users can sign up at https://local.amazon.co.uk, and can expect to receive deals on restaurants and spas, rather than the physical products that Amazon is normally known for. As you can see in the screenshot above, Amazon are initially targeting users in the London area, but have said they are hoping to expand quickly across the rest of the country.
AmazonLocal launched in the US back in June 2011.
- eBay To Launch Price Match Guarantee On 20,000+ Items (July 5, 2017)
- Warning: Amazon Prime Renewal Phone Call Scam (July 27, 2020)
- Budgeting Apps “Lead To Overspending” (January 13, 2021)
- Most Common Online Scams To Be Cautious Of (May 10, 2018)
- Reeclaim: Get Automatic Refunds On Delayed Tube Journeys (April 25, 2018)