- Going out a ‘no-no’ on New Year’s Eve
The majority of people would rather save their money and relax at home in front of the TV or with loved ones on New Year’s Eve, according to research by Yorkshire Bank.
- Scotland sees UK’s biggest house price rise
Though Scotland has the least expensive house prices in the UK, it is also witnessing a higher rate of house price growth, says the Bank of Scotland.
- This year not good for savers
- First-time buyers ‘put off’ housing market
This year has seen a slump in the amount of first-time buyers, representing the lowest level since records began it has emerged.
- House price growth nears six per cent for 2006
Total house price growth during this year has been 5.7 per cent though December’s growth was below that of the previous month’s, property information firm Hometrack’s new research shows.