I guess it was only a matter of time until someone would try to make money from the current trend to reclaim bank charges, but the process of reclaiming fees appears to be so simple, there’s probably no need for you to get a middleman involved.
From BBC News:
Hundreds of people each week are turning to ‘no win, no fee’ firms to get back penalty charges levied by banks and building societies. Claims handlers are typically keeping about 25% of any money won back. Consumer groups and a body representing banks have told the BBC there is no need for intermediaries to be brought in to resolve disputes over charges.
There are plenty of templates for reclaiming fees available, most notably from Which? and MoneySavingExpert, probably the two biggest advocates for getting your charges back, so unless you’re really unsure about what you’re doing, and are willing to let someone else get their hands on money that should be yours, I’d DIY.
- PayPal Launch PayPal.Me To Help Send & Receive Money (September 1, 2015)
- Leetchi.com: Money Collection Platform Launches In UK (October 19, 2016)
- HSBC Online Banking “Back To Normal” (January 7, 2016)
- Chip: Automatic Savings App Launched (October 13, 2016)
- Loot Banking App Launches (December 11, 2016)