It’s been a while since I posted any money makeovers – personal finance case studies, largely from the national press – but I still think they can be really useful when you can apply the advice given in them to your own finances.
I’m going to try to make this a regular feature once again, and to get it going, here are 3 makeovers from The Independent (they call them Wealth Checks):
- Makeover 1: 38 and 35 year old parents with another child on the way, looking to cope with a large interest-only mortgage. The article looks at their property, savings, retirement and protection.
- Makeover 2: 26 year old woman from west London, with her boyfriend, looking to pay off £4,00 credit card debts and save for a wedding.
- Makeover 3: 28 year old from Manchester, hoping to get a foot on the property ladder whilst earning £15,000 a year.
I hope you find them useful.
- Ticketclever: New Site Could Save You 60% On Train Fares (February 2, 2017)
- Free Credit Score For Barclaycard Customers (November 20, 2015)
- Royal London Money Manager Is Closing (September 1, 2016)
- New Tool Helps Calculate The Cost Of Your Commute To London (February 25, 2016)
- UK Contactless Spending Triples in 12 Months (August 26, 2015)