Been a bit quiet on the old blogging front here at Money Watch for the last couple of weeks, so here’s a little subject to get us back in the groove.
Following a design competition started back in 2005, The Royal Mint has today released the designs for the new British coins, which are due to start becoming available throughout the year.
My initial thoughts are that they are very good looking, featuring quite traditional British imagery but also with quite a contemporary feel. I’m a little sad to see the back of Britannia from the 50p piece, and I would have liked to have seen some other important figures from British history featured on some of the coins (Shakespeare, Churchill, Rooney?).
Overall, I think it’s a nice job, but I’m interested in hearing your reaction – what do you think of the new designs? Leave your thoughts in the comments below.
- NatWest “Mimo” – New Personal Finance App Trialled (March 31, 2019)
- Banking Apps “Save Brits Average of Â£173 a Month” (April 13, 2021)
- Most Common Online Scams To Be Cautious Of (May 10, 2018)
- eBay To Launch Price Match Guarantee On 20,000+ Items (July 5, 2017)
- Pre-Paid Currency Card Adds Apple Pay Support (August 2, 2017)