Further to the news that Bradford & Bingley is to be partly nationalised and partly sold off to the private sector, it looks as if Spanish banking giant Santander is likely to acquire of B&B’s savings business.
With £20bn of savings, it’s a big chunk of cash and a lot of savers will be affected – but it’s worth reiterating that savers’ money will be safe, and they’ll join the customers of Abbey and Alliance & Leicester in the Santander group (indeed, Bradford & Bingley savings accounts will probably become Abbey accounts, if the deal goes through).
So B&B savers should be ok, but Bradford & Bingley staff might not be so lucky.
- Santander Launches New App “Kitti” To Help Groups Manage Money (July 22, 2015)
- HSBC Launches “Connected Money” App (May 9, 2018)
- Santander Becomes First UK Bank To Launch Voice Banking Technology (March 23, 2016)
- Santander First High Street Bank To Offer FitBit Pay (April 26, 2018)
- Gocompare.com Launches Enhanced Current Account Comparison Service (March 26, 2015)