Here’s what’s been going on in the world of personal finance and money today:
From Money Watch:
- A Low Point In The Credit Crunch? -Â Even given the events of the past 12 months, today has been pretty monumental in the world of finance, and not in a positive way. Here’s how things have panned out during the day.
From around the web:
- BBC NEWS | Business | House votes down bail-out package – The lower house of the US Congress has voted down a $700bn (Â£380bn) plan aimed at bailing out Wall Street. Watch how the markets react to this news.
- Bradford & Bingley: Q&A – The winners (ha!) and losers from the Bradford & Bingley break up.
- Bradford & Bingley: The last building society to fall – A look at what has happened to all of the de-mutualised building societies.
- The End of Capitalism? – Might we be witnessing the end of capitalism? The economic power appears to be swinging to the East.
- B&B nationalisation is confirmed – Confirmation of the sell off and nationalisation of Bradford & Bingley bank.