A long while ago I mentioned a new way of getting into the buy-to-let property boom, this time with a twist – GuestInvest allowed you to invest in your own hotel room, and earn money as people occupied them.
Two and a half years later, and in the middle of a remarkable time for property investments, GuestInvest has gone into administration.
Whilst that industry was booming, investors were getting returns of 10% per year, but poor sales, lowering occupancy rates in hotels and an apparent lack of funding from HBOS have killed off this venture. Sadly, they appear to have forgotten to update their website with the news.
- iZettle Raises €60 Million, Introduces iZettle Advance (August 28, 2015)
- Cuvva Launches Car Insurance For Low Mileage Drivers (January 27, 2017)
- NatWest Invest: NatWest Launching Online Investment Service (February 9, 2017)
- Zopa Announces Plan to Launch “Next Generation” Bank (November 18, 2016)
- £5.7billion: Amount Britons Spent On Unused Tech in 2015 (February 24, 2016)