Rumour has it that Marks & Spencer will be running another one-day sale this Thursday 4th December.
Although it is yet to be confirmed by the top brass at M&S, apparently staff in the shops have confirmed the sale is to go ahead again.
This will be M&S’ second 20% one-day sale in the run-up to Christmas, and is similar to several other short but high discount sales that are happening across the high street as retailers try to stimulate some sort of demand from consumers.
20% off is obviously a healthy discount, and coupled with the extra 2.1% off you’ll get from the cut to VAT, if M&S are passing this on, it provides a good opportunity to buy – but as I mentioned before, it’s only really a bargain if you’d be buying the items anyway. Buying for the sake of a big discount isn’t clever shopping.
To keep an eye on other sale rumours and to get the latest confirmed information, keep an eye on the one-day sale page on MoneySavingExpert.com.
photo credit: alisdair
- Ticketclever: New Site Could Save You 60% On Train Fares (February 2, 2017)
- eBay To Launch Price Match Guarantee On 20,000+ Items (July 5, 2017)
- Avoid This Amazon Scam (January 18, 2017)
- NatWest “Mimo” – New Personal Finance App Trialled (March 31, 2019)
- Cuvva Launches Car Insurance For Low Mileage Drivers (January 27, 2017)