Thinking of stashing your cash under the matress now that you’re getting a pitiful interest rate on your savings? Well, this new “Safe Bed” from Feather & Black might be just what you’re looking for.
Conceived with tongue firmly in cheek, the bed has a concealed compartment which can be locked with a key, and there’s enough space to keep a pile of notes tucked away, or other valuable items such as jewelry or that stash of “special interest” magazines you’re trying to hide from the wife.
Costing just under a grand, you’ll be lucky if you’ve got anything left over to put in the safe, and in terms of safety, it’s probably as safe as keeping cash anywhere else in the house – might be worth having a little cash hidden somewhere but check your home insurance, as it probably won’t cover you if your house burns down and you lose a couple of grand or more.
Interestingly, sales of normal home safes have apparently gone through the roof recently.
- More Online Shopping Safety Tips For Black Friday & Cyber Monday (November 23, 2016)
- Brits ‘Overwhelmed’ & ‘Stressed’ By Money Management (January 12, 2017)
- A Run On RBS Bank? No, Just A Game Of American Football (August 20, 2015)
- Driving Apps To Help Cut Your Car Insurance (July 30, 2015)
- Pre-Paid Currency Card Adds Apple Pay Support (August 2, 2017)