If you need to get a better handle on where your money is going, (and let’s face it, who doesn’t?) Shrewdcookie has posted a useful cashflow forecast spreadsheet to help you plan your monthly income and expenditure.
Historically, cashflow forecasting was a method used by business owners, managers and accountants to analyse income and expenditure over a set period of time. By analysing inflows and outflows of cash for each period, they were able to see what strains they would have on cash at any one time – e.g. was there any particular month or months where they needed to draw on other sources of cash… These same principles can be applied to your own personal finances.
If you’re interested in seeing some more personal finance spreadsheets, you may also want to check out our post on “8 personal finance spreadsheets you’ll love”.
photo credit: jamingray
- Budgeting Apps “Lead To Overspending” (January 13, 2021)
- Sweatcoin App “Pays You” To Get Fit (February 8, 2017)
- Banking Apps “Save Brits Average of £173 a Month” (April 13, 2021)
- Money Dashboard Mortgage Calculator Launched (September 20, 2016)
- MoneyDashboard Launches New iOS & Android Apps (September 5, 2016)