FiveCentNickel has a post detailing Seven Search Tips to Help You Save Money with Google:
- Use Google to convert currencies – Google has a built in currency exchange tool, just enter the right phrase in the search box and you’ll get an instant currency conversion.
- Use Google as a calculator – if you don’t have an old-fashioned calculator to hand, but do have internet access, you can type your sum straight into Google’s search box, hit search and you’ll get the answer.
- Use Google to search through reviews and forum opinions – if you’re shopping online, find out what people are saying about the products you’re buying.
- Use Google to find recent product news and reviews – view up-to-date reviews and opinions on a product.
- Use Google to compare prices – Google can also show you prices of products directly in the search results pages, so you don’t even need to visit the individual websites.
- Use Google to compare prices of various brands – similar to the tip above, you can compare the price of products across different brands directly in the search results.
- Use Google to search within any money saving website – probably one of the most powerful tips, you can use Google to search JUST your favourite websites.
As you can see, there’s lots of different ways to use Google, and by becoming a “power user”, it can really help you to find the best deals and make the most of your money. To find out how you can actually do all of this with Google, view the original post on FiveCentNickel.
photo credit: dullhunk
- Google To Shut Down Their Financial Comparison Service (February 24, 2016)
- eBay To Launch Price Match Guarantee On 20,000+ Items (July 5, 2017)
- Money Dashboard Mortgage Calculator Launched (September 20, 2016)
- Experian Launches Free Credit Score Service (September 7, 2016)
- Budget Calculator: Are You Better Or Worse Off? (March 16, 2016)