The reason for such a low price? Supply and demand, and thanks to recent trojans such as ZeuS, there’s currently plenty on the supply side to drive prices down for those looking to buy stolen credit card data.
You might have to pay a bit more for extra information, such as mother’s maiden name and date of birth, but you’re still looking at a low outlay for data you’d think was pretty valuable.
An interesting point is made in the blog post comments – couldn’t you pay for the stolen credit card data with a stolen credit card?
photo credit: Fosforix
- Tips For Avoiding Card Fraud (June 21, 2016)
- Contactless Cards Can Be Used Months After Cancellation (September 9, 2016)
- Zeek Review: Buy & Sell Discount Vouchers & Gift Cards (September 29, 2016)
- One In Ten Victim Of Cyber Attack In Last Year (September 19, 2016)
- 10% Of Card Payments Are Now Contactless (December 31, 2015)