“Your Money & How They Spend It” is a BBC TV programme Â presented by politicalÂ correspondentÂ Nick Robinson, which looks at how government collects and spends our taxes.
If you didn’t see tonight’s episode, you can watch it for the next couple of weeks on iPlayer, with the second episode available next week.
To accompany the programme the BBC has also put together a tax calculator toÂ find out what households similar to yours pay in tax and what they get back in the form of benefits and services.
By entering the members of your household (including any kids), plus any income they earn, you’ll be shown whether you’re a net tax giver or taker, and how your household compares to others. Here’s an example:
- eBay To Launch Price Match Guarantee On 20,000+ Items (July 5, 2017)
- first direct Partners With Financial Platform Bud (October 19, 2017)
- Santander First High Street Bank To Offer FitBit Pay (April 26, 2018)
- Monzo Killing Off Its Prepaid Cards (January 23, 2018)
- Banking Apps “Save Brits Average of Â£173 a Month” (April 13, 2021)