“Your Money & How They Spend It” is a BBC TV programme presented by political correspondent Nick Robinson, which looks at how government collects and spends our taxes.
If you didn’t see tonight’s episode, you can watch it for the next couple of weeks on iPlayer, with the second episode available next week.
To accompany the programme the BBC has also put together a tax calculator to find out what households similar to yours pay in tax and what they get back in the form of benefits and services.
By entering the members of your household (including any kids), plus any income they earn, you’ll be shown whether you’re a net tax giver or taker, and how your household compares to others. Here’s an example:
- Budget Calculator: Are You Better Or Worse Off? (March 16, 2016)
- How Much Is Your Electricity Costing You Right Now? (August 18, 2016)
- eBay To Launch Price Match Guarantee On 20,000+ Items (July 5, 2017)
- Plum, AI Facebook Chatbot For Saving & Investment (February 22, 2017)
- Droplet Seeks Further Funding To Drive Growth (February 16, 2016)