Following on from last week’s post on students pressuring HSBC on Facebook, HSBC have decided to do a U-turn on their plans to scrap interest-free overdrafts on their graduate accounts:
Thousands of students on Facebook had threatened to boycott the bank. The National Union of Students said this made all the difference to the protest. The HSBC bank said it was not too big to listen to its customers.
There’s more about this story over at the Fool.
- HSBC Online Banking “Back To Normal” (January 7, 2016)
- Barclays Top Bank On Facebook (September 20, 2015)
- HSBC Launches “Connected Money” App (May 9, 2018)
- HSBC SmartSave: New Micro-Savings App (December 5, 2016)
- Fraud Warning For Bank Customers On Twitter (September 10, 2015)