It looks like Barclays is planning at least 2,100 job cuts worldwide, equating to 7% of its workforce.
The details are a little sketchy at the moment, so it’s unclear how many of these jobs will go from the U.K., but these job losses join the 400 redundancies announced by Barclays a couple of weeks ago.
It is understood that 1,300 jobs will go at investment arm Barclays Capital, while 500 positions will be axed at Barclays Wealth. A further 370 jobs are set to go at Barclays Global Investors.
We’ll post more details when they become available.
Update 14/01/2009: It now appears that 500 of the jobs will be lost in the U.K..
Update 14/01/2009: Barclays has just announced another 2,100 job cuts, all from its U.K. operations, largely branches an Barclaycard, from what I understand.
photo credit: Kai Hendry
- Get Financially Fit With Barclays Financial Wings (June 23, 2016)
- Money Dashboard Adds Budget Tracking (June 6, 2016)
- Experian Launches Free Credit Score Service (September 7, 2016)
- MotionCode: “High-Tech” Credit Card Launched To Combat Fraud (September 28, 2016)
- Digitally-Savvy Users Most Likely To Be Victims Of Identity Fraud (August 19, 2016)