Although prices of new PCs are coming down as the specs continually increase, if your current PC is struggling but you’d rather not fork out for a new one, TechRadar have posted a few cheap ideas for giving your PC a new lease of life.
- 10 lightweight apps to make PCs fly – free software that shouldn’t hog all of your memory and will hopefully make it feel far quicker than it currently is.
- 10 cheap and easy updates for your old PC – economical upgrades that will hopefully extend the life of your PC.
It does help to have some knowledge of the workings of your PC before opening it up, but most PC maintenance and repair is fairly simple, if done with a little common sense. And of course, there’s plenty of help available online. Whilst you might not be able to resurrect a 10 year-old PC with these techniques, you should be able to extend the life of one which is 4 or 5 years old, and save you some money at the same time.
Bonus PC money saving link:
TechRadar have also posted about 4 free alternatives to Microsoft Office.
photo credit: crazytales562
- Young People “Most Likely To Be Victims Of Online Fraud” (November 11, 2018)
- Saving App PiggyPot Goes Public (June 20, 2016)
- 10 Simple Money Savers You Shouldn’t Ignore (June 18, 2016)
- Moneybox: Save & Invest With As Little As £1 (September 2, 2016)
- NatWest “Mimo” – New Personal Finance App Trialled (March 31, 2019)