The recent bonuses paid to employees of nationalised (and part-nationalised) banks have really got up some people’s noses, so much so that there is now a petition you can sign to ask the Prime Minister Gordon Brown to prevent bonuses or over-inflation salary increases being paid to employees of banks where the government now has a majority shareholding.
The government should use its power as a majority shareholder to prevent banks in receipt of government (taxpayer) funding from paying bonuses and over inflation salary increases to employees. A total ban on bonus payments should be made a condition of any government loan or bail-out.
If you would also like to show your support by signing the petition with the 531 other people who have signed it (at the time of writing), you can do soÂ here.
A certain Robert Peston is one of the names on the petition (although I’m guessing it wouldn’t be too difficult to fake it).
photo credit: Serendigity
- first direct Launches Face ID For iPhone X Mobile App (November 3, 2017)
- Banking Apps “Save Brits Average of Â£173 a Month” (April 13, 2021)
- Ten Covid-19 Scams To Avoid (July 29, 2020)
- Monzo Killing Off Its Prepaid Cards (January 23, 2018)
- Most Common Online Scams To Be Cautious Of (May 10, 2018)