The recent bonuses paid to employees of nationalised (and part-nationalised) banks have really got up some people’s noses, so much so that there is now a petition you can sign to ask the Prime Minister Gordon Brown to prevent bonuses or over-inflation salary increases being paid to employees of banks where the government now has a majority shareholding.
The government should use its power as a majority shareholder to prevent banks in receipt of government (taxpayer) funding from paying bonuses and over inflation salary increases to employees. A total ban on bonus payments should be made a condition of any government loan or bail-out.
If you would also like to show your support by signing the petition with the 531 other people who have signed it (at the time of writing), you can do so here.
A certain Robert Peston is one of the names on the petition (although I’m guessing it wouldn’t be too difficult to fake it).
photo credit: Serendigity
- Gocompare.com Launches Enhanced Current Account Comparison Service (March 26, 2015)
- Listen: Bank Scam Tricks Victim Out Of £12,000 (September 4, 2015)
- first direct Launches Face ID For iPhone X Mobile App (November 3, 2017)
- Contactless Payments “Cause Brits To Overspend” (September 13, 2016)
- Apple Pay Now Supports Halifax & Lloyds (September 11, 2015)