In case you hadn’t noticed,Valentine’s Day is once again approaching fast – a time when blokes the country wide start to panic about what to buy and how much to spend, whilst the women seem to take it all in their stride and can do no wrong, at least in my limited experience.
As ever, the web is awash with ideas for Valentine’s Day gifts, and the personal finance “blogosphere” is no exception, naturally (and these days very sensibly) focusing on Valentine’s ideas which won’t cost you an arm and a leg.
After all, although the sentiment behind the day is sound, the blatant commercialisation of it can leave a nasty taste in your mouth, worse than that cheap champagne and those dodgy chocolates you could end up buying.
So without further ado, here are some of the best Valentine’s Day ideas for those on a budget. Whilst they all might not be to your taste, they will hopefully get you thinking about surprising that special person in your life.
- 15 Cheap Valentine’s Day Dates – Jim at Bargaineering lists some of the things that he and his wife have done over the years. Don’t worry, it’s SFW!
- Find A Valentine’s Gift For Under Â£20 – 24 cheap Valentine gift ideas from the Motley Fool.
- Valentine’s Deals To Beat The Credit Crunch – 8 more tips on how to be the ultimate romantic without breaking the bank.
- 25 Free or Frugal Ways to Say I Love You -Â twenty-five free or frugal ways to say â€œI love youâ€.
- 25 Frugal Valentineâ€™s Ideas That Wonâ€™t Make You Look Cheap – more ideas from the Money Saving Blog at PromotionalCodes.org.uk.
- Valentine’s Day on a Budget – Wisebread’sÂ ten stylish but low budget ideas.
Or you could do what I do, and tell your partner that every day is like Valentine’s Day when you’re living with me!
- Budgeting Apps “Lead To Overspending” (January 13, 2021)
- eBay To Launch Price Match Guarantee On 20,000+ Items (July 5, 2017)
- NatWest “Mimo” – New Personal Finance App Trialled (March 31, 2019)
- Pre-Paid Currency Card Adds Apple Pay Support (August 2, 2017)
- first direct Partners With Financial Platform Bud (October 19, 2017)