If you are tightening your purse strings at the moment (like many others), those extravagant designer clothes and lunch time shopping trips are probably out of the window for now. But does this mean an end to style as we know it and is it possible to look stylish on a budget?
Not only is it possible to look very gorgeous and stylish on a budget, but thinking and considering more carefully the clothes that you buy, may even make you more stylish. Here’s how to do it:
- Before you buy anything, carefully review your wardrobe. What do you need to compliment your existing clothes and what sort of clothes suit your body shape, lifestyle and personality? The more thought you put in before hand, the less likely you are to make those expensive mistakes.
- Buy quality clothes that will last for more than one season and will not go out of fashion quickly. Yes they are more expensive in the short run, but will save you money in the long run.
- Shop around for the best deals – this includes price comparison websites, coupon websites, second hand websites and designer sales. If you look hard enough, you are sure to find what you want at the best price possible.
- If you have clothes in your wardrobe that you no longer want or do not wear, swap them for something new or sell them and use the money for something you really need. Posh-swaps.com is a clothes swapping website that is completely free to swap, buy or sell clothes on.
- Update your look and treat yourself once in a while to a few new accessories, this is almost as satisfying as buying a whole new outfit, especially when you get your credit card bill!
If you have any more frugal fashion or money saving style tips, let us know by leaving a comment.
- Budget Calculator: Are You Better Or Worse Off? (March 16, 2016)
- Topshop & Barclaycard bPay Launch Contactless Payment Accessory Range (November 12, 2015)
- Energy Saving Tips For Students (September 28, 2016)
- Money Dashboard Adds Budget Tracking (June 6, 2016)
- Budgeting iPhone App Pennies Updated (July 31, 2015)