George Osborne is set to announce a new design for the £1 coin, in order to make it more difficult to forge. With an estimated 45 million forgeries in circulation (find out how to spot a fake £1 coin), the time has come to find a more secure coin.
The new coin will have 12 sides, and is expected to be launched in 2017, no doubt creating chaos for vending machine makers across the land.
The coin will feature the Queen on one side, as you’d expect, and an as yet undecided design on the “tails” side.
- New Features For Monzo; Friend Payments, Security & More (November 16, 2016)
- Halifax Online Banking Redesign (September 2, 2015)
- New Five Pound Note: All You Need To Know (September 12, 2016)
- HSBC Launches Talking Cash Machines (May 10, 2017)
- Pennies Budgeting App Now Available For Apple Watch (April 30, 2015)