A couple of days ago we mentioned that it was now possible to buy and sell gold in your local shopping centre.
Bitterwallet has some news on another way to get rid of your unwanted or stolen gold, this time it’s a service fresh from America, which allows you to sell your gold in the post:
…consumers request a gold return package, which is then sent by freepost to Cash4Gold’s processing depot. The gold is photographed and verified, then tested for gold content and assigned a cash value… Reception has been mixed, with some Americans calling it ‘the redneck retirement plan’.
As we mentioned in our previous post, don’t expect to be offered lots for your old gold – the scrap value of gold is very often far less than the valuation you’ve probably got in mind, plus there will be fluctuations in the price of gold which will affect the amount you will make. In fact, with gold prices being at some of their highest for a while, it might be the right time to get rid of the unwanted / stolen* gold you may have.
(*Whilst we at Money Watch do not condone stealing, we suspect this could how the service is used if relevant checks aren’t put in place)
photo credit: BullionVault
- Zeek Review: Buy & Sell Discount Vouchers & Gift Cards (September 29, 2016)
- NatWest Invest: NatWest Launching Online Investment Service (February 9, 2017)
- Hack An ATM For Piles Of Cash (October 8, 2014)
- MoneyDashboard Adds New Functionality (August 19, 2014)
- goHenry vs Osper (July 7, 2014)