Orange is joining the swelling ranks of companies offering to give you money for your old mobile phone.
Under their “Recycle and Reward” scheme, you can take your old mobile phone into any of Orange’s UK stores and they’ll take it off your hands to get it recycled, sending you a cheque for it a week later.
And it’s not only mobile phones, you can also take in old laptops and MP3 players, with Orange estimating there is £450million worth of old gadgets lying around in the U.K..
Recycling mobiles has become big business, and if you’re looking to make a little bit of cash this way, it’s worth checking out a few of the online sites for the best price before going to your local Orange shop. A good place to start is CellZone, which compares the prices across a range of old phone buyers. At least this will give you an idea of what your phone is worth in the recycling market, there’s no indication yet what sort of rates Orange will be paying (and there’s nothing that I can find about the scheme on the Orange website, as yet).
photo credit: www.butkaj.com
- Infographic: Mobile Wallets Compared (August 19, 2015)
- 10 Simple Money Savers You Shouldn’t Ignore (June 18, 2016)
- eBay To Launch Price Match Guarantee On 20,000+ Items (July 5, 2017)
- WealthDunk: Compare Online Investment Managers (February 3, 2017)
- More Online Shopping Safety Tips For Black Friday & Cyber Monday (November 23, 2016)