This probably comes a little late for most University students who will already have a University place and are busy planning how to fritter away their student loans of beer and pizza make their student loan last for a year, but Money Central has a list of the 10 most expensive and 10 cheapest University towns, based on the average weekly rent in the town.
Top of the most expensive list? London, of course, with an average weekly rent of just over Â£100 (national average is Â£62.61).Not far behind are Guildford and then Cambridge.
And the cheapest University towns? Stoke-on-Trent, with an average weekly rent of justÂ Â£41.90, followed by Middlesborough and then Crewe (along with an honourable mention for Wolverhampton, my home town, in 10th cheapest place).
Check out the 10 most expensive student towns, and the 10 cheapest.
photo credit: JasonSansone
- Loot Banking App Launches (December 11, 2016)
- Mobile #1 Channel For First Direct Customers (November 10, 2018)
- Budgeting Apps “Lead To Overspending” (January 13, 2021)
- Folio App: Save Small Amounts For Specific Goals (November 30, 2016)
- Young People “Most Likely To Be Victims Of Online Fraud” (November 11, 2018)