It has been a year since the collapse of Iceland’s Icesave bank, one of the major casualties of the credit crunch, and which helped bring the Icelandic economy to its knees.
The Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS) has advised the 1,500 Icesave customers who haven’t yet claimed compensation for their savings to do it quickly, as the deadline for claims is 30th October 2009.
Whilst the majority of the remaining unclaimed accounts contain less than £20 (and have probably been abandoned by their owners thinking they’re not worth the hassle), there is one saver who is yet to claim over £50,000. Even a millionaire would be stupid to let that amount of money slip through their fingers.
photo credit: Artyvee
- Reeclaim: Get Automatic Refunds On Delayed Tube Journeys (April 25, 2018)
- 10% Of Card Payments Are Now Contactless (December 31, 2015)
- One In Ten Victim Of Cyber Attack In Last Year (September 19, 2016)
- MoneyDashboard Adds New Functionality (August 19, 2014)
- Could A Dashcam Save You Money On Your Car Insurance? (October 11, 2016)