We’ve talked quite a lot recently about the price of the iPhone, so it’s time to restore some balance.
If you’ve decided that either you can’t wait to see if the iPhone will be cheaper through Tesco Mobile which is expected to launch the phone before Christmas, or on Vodaphone when it comes to that network in the New Year, but can’t justify the cost on Orange or O2, then you might want to consider one of the growing number of iPhone alternatives.
The Guardian has a run down of 6 phones that are all cheaper than the iPhone but offer similar features:
- Palm Pre – Free with a £35 a month contract for two years with O2.
- HTC Hero – Free on £24 a month plan over 18 months with Orange.
- Blackberry Storm 2 – Free with a £30 a month, two-year Vodafone contract.
- LG Cookie – £50, available on pay-as-you-go (no contract required).
- Nokia N97 – Free with £25 a month plan over two years with Vodafone.
- Sony Satio – Free with £30 a month plan over two years with T-Mobile.
Thinking of getting a new phone? Are you holding out to find out the cost when Tesco launch the iPhone, or would you go for one of the alternatives above? Which would be your choice as an iPhone killer? Let us know your thoughts in the comments below.
photo credit: abulhussain
- Unshackled.com: Antidote To Rip-Off Mobile Phone Contracts? (June 29, 2016)
- Forget Contactless, Hands Free Payments Are The Future* (March 3, 2016)
- Moneybox: Save & Invest With As Little As £1 (September 2, 2016)
- Droplet Seeks Further Funding To Drive Growth (February 16, 2016)
- Barclays Confirms Imminent Apple Pay Launch (February 17, 2016)