There are more and more financial products coming onto the market that comply with Sharia Islamic law, and it’s interesting to learn how Islamic banking works. Here are the basic principles:
- One of the most important principles is that the giving or receiving of interest is forbidden.
- All money must be invested in industries that Muslims consider ethical.
- Money cannot be traded for money.
- Money can be used to buy goods or services, which can then be sold for a profit.
There’s obviously a lot more to it than these basic points. and the BBC has a more detailed look at the features of Islamic financial products.
- Money Dashboard Mortgage Calculator Launched (September 20, 2016)
- WealthDunk: Compare Online Investment Managers (February 3, 2017)
- Death Of Pocket Money – More Parents Than Ever Pay Children Digitally (July 29, 2015)
- RetireEasy: Pension Dashboard & Retirement Planning Tool (October 12, 2016)
- Get Financially Fit With Barclays Financial Wings (June 23, 2016)